Back to the Soccer Newsfeed

Schalke director: No new offers for Draxler

Italian champion Juventus had a bid for Germany international midfielder Julian Draxler turned down by Schalke last month.

Schalke sporting director Horst Heldt said there have been no new offers for Julian Draxler, though the midfielder could still be sold, amid interest from Juventus.

Serie A champion Juventus lodged a bid for Germany international Draxler, which was swiftly rejected by Schalke last month.

Juve remain interested in the 21-year-old, but Heldt has no plans to part with the club's prized asset on the cheap.

"We received an offer for Draxler, which we rejected. That's out in the open," Heldt said ahead of Schalke's Bundesliga opener at Werder Bremen on Saturday.